Baileys – Caring for the Environment
Get the best results from your garden while protecting precious resources and the environment with Baileys’ residential and commercial garden products and services.
Baileys is one of the leading producers and suppliers of quality water-and-fertiliser-wise products including wetting agents, growing media and fertiliser blends engineered to maximise water use and proven through controlled laboratory and soil sample testing.
Our on-site laboratory is fully equipped, ensuring you have access to the most advanced technologies available for leaf, water and soil sample testing and the development of environmentally conscious products including fertilisers, growing media and wetting agents.
Baileys adheres to a comprehensive environmental policy and takes responsible environmental stewardship seriously. All staff is trained in the nationally accredited program Fertcare, ensuring effective management of food safety issues and environmental risks traditionally associated with the handling, transportation, storing and spreading of fertilisers.
We use recycled products and biodegradable packaging where possible and participate in a national packaging covenant intended to reduce plastic waste that may end up in land fill.
Environmental Policy Statement
Baileys is committed to responsible natural resource and environmental management. Within our operations, we identify and manage environmental risks and apply best practice principles to the prevention of adverse impacts. We work with customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to develop products and practices that enhance the environment of the wider community in which we operate.
- Ensure that environmental considerations form part of our enterprise planning.
- Meet relevant government environmental and natural resource management legislation and industry regulations, guidelines and policies.
- Implement Ecohort™ an environmental management system which is independently audited through the Nursery Industry Accreditation Scheme Australia (NIASA) to manage and continually improve environmental performance.
- To achieve accreditation to the internationally recognised environmental Standard ISO 14001.
- Ensure efficient use, reuse and recycling of appropriate resources and the minimisation of waste.
- Quantify our carbon output and implement strategies to reduce or offset our greenhouse gas emissions.
- Promote a culture of responsible environmental management to employees, suppliers and customers of Baileys.
- Fertcare accreditation
Help Protect the Environment
Baileys manufactures quality water-and-fertilise-wise products to help protect the environment including soil conditioners, mulch and wetting agents and provides soil sample testing to help you get the most from your soil.
Ask us about responsible and effective use of fertilisers, wetting agents and products to reduce water usage and protect against loss of nutrients.
Contact us today for advice on wetting agents, soil sample testing and the best Baileys products for optimised plant growth while protecting the environment.