Baileys How-To Video Series
See our educational video series covering a range of how-to topics with explanations about the best Baileys products to use in each situation.
The videos cover important information about a variety of garden and lawn fertilisers, potting mix, mulches and wetting agents. There are also tips on how to revive your lawn after a harsh summer and maximise water use in your garden.
Feeding Your Lawn
Turf and grass is commonly overfed. If the soil has been amended, only small amounts of food are required.
Most lawn fertilisers have a recommended application rate on the packet. It is important to note that this is the maximum amount that should be applied.
An easy way to make sure you're applying the correct amount is to use a cup as your fertiliser spreader. Filling an everyday container and weighing it provides a useful guide to application rates.
- A teaspoon holds about 4g of lawn fertiliser
- A tablespoon holds about 16g
- A match box holds about 25g; and
- A cup holds about 250g.
We all need to use garden and lawn fertiliser responsibly to protect the health of waterways. You can help by:
- Preventing spread on to paths, driveways and roads where it can be washed down drains into waterways
- Not applying lawn or any fertiliser prior to heavy rain. This will prevent nutrient runoff or leaching into groundwater.
- Not overwatering and washing nutrients away; and
- Educating your-self about lawn and garden fertiliser use or seeking professional advice.
Ask Baileys about the best products, garden and lawn fertilisers, potting mix and mulches for your garden. We'll explain application rates and offer a range of services, including soil sample testing, to ensure you get the best from your soils.